Sales | Events | Classes | Tutorials | Garden Tips
30% OFF Bare Root Stock: Lowest Price of the Year!
It's always fun when the bare root plants arrive in the nursery. It means that Winter will soon be drawing to a close and Spring is just around the corner! This is also the time when we have the widest selection of fruit trees available at the best price, pruned and ready to plant!
Never planted a bare root tree before? Instructions can be found by clicking the button below, along with the full list of our available bare root fruit trees.
Fresh In: NEW Indoor & Outdoor Pottery
Make a bold statement with new pottery! The nursery and garden shop are stocked with tons of beautiful NEW pots for your plants – bright colors and unique textures – perfect for Spring planting!
Bzz...The Bees are Coming!
Introducing native Orchard Mason Bees to your garden will dramatically increase the quantity and quality of the fruit the tree bears. We have everything you need to maintain mason bees and the knowledge to help you do so. Bees arrive next week!
Bare Root: Lowest Price of the Year!
Never planted a bare root tree before? Instructions can be found below, along with a complete list of our fruit trees available. Bare root trees are easier to plant and transport now, which means we offer them at a lower price than when they are potted later in the spring.
How to Plant Your Bare-Root Tree
1. Dig a shallow, wide planting hole.
2. Mix the native soil with Planting Compost at a ratio of up to 50/50. Add a good starter fertilizer to the soil mix. We recommend Gardener and Bloome Planting Compost which is full of beneficial microbes and mycorrhizae at the ratio recommended on the box.
3. Spread the roots evenly in the hole, then back fill with your soil mix. The first roots should be just slightly below the surface of the soil. Be sure not to bury the graft!
4. Water well.
5. Trees should be lightly staked for about one year and may need protection from rodents and deer.
6. Water new trees and shrubs as needed the first year.
Find Your Green
Refresh your indoor space and create your own plant paradise with lush foliage from our ever-growing selection of house plants in the Greenhouse. We're stocking a wide variety of tropicals, cacti, succulents, air plants and more. Plus plenty of unique, beautiful pots to plant them in!
Chasing the Grey Away
Early Spring plants have arrived! Brighten up these rainy PNW days by planting colorful containers on your porch or entryway. Gorgeous Violas, Pansies, Primroses, Hellebores and much more.
Garden Seeds Have Arrived!
It might not feel like it, but spring is around the corner! Now is the time to start dreaming up your spring plantings and imagining all of the possibilities in your garden! The Garden Shop is stocked full of organic, locally grown and non-gmo seeds.
Farm & Garden