Sales | Events | Classes | Tutorials | Garden Tips
Bare Root: Lowest Price of the Year!
Never planted a bare root tree before? Instructions can be found below, along with a complete list of our fruit trees available. Bare root trees are easier to plant and transport now, which means we offer them at a lower price than when they are potted later in the spring.
1. Dig a shallow, wide planting hole.
2. Mix the native soil with Planting Compost at a ratio of up to 50/50. Add a good starter fertilizer to the soil mix. We recommend E.B. Stone Organics Planting Compost which is full of beneficial microbes and mycorrhizae at the ratio recommended on the box.
3. Spread the roots evenly in the hole, then back fill with your soil mix. The first roots should be just slightly below the surface of the soil. Be sure not to bury the graft!
4. Water well.
5. Trees should be lightly staked for about one year and may need protection from rodents and deer.
6. Water new trees and shrubs as needed the first year.
25% OFF Bare Root Stock: Starting Feb 1st
Bare Root Trees arriving at the nursery mean that Winter will soon be drawing to a close and Spring is just around the corner! This is also the time when we have the widest selection of fruit trees available at the best price – pruned and ready to plant!
Never planted a bare root tree before? Instructions can be found by clicking the button below, along with the full list of our available bare root fruit trees. Bare root trees are easier to plant and transport now, which means we offer them at a lower price than when they are potted later in the spring.
Farm & Garden