Sales | Events | Classes | Tutorials | Garden Tips
Plant this Fall for Spring Blooms!
Planting bulbs in containers offers a solution to gardeners who lack the space to create a full garden. Spring blooming bulbs can be grown in decorative pots to add accents to patios, decks and entryways. Bulbs planted in beds outside require little maintenance, however, with a few guidelines and commitment, container bulbs can prove equally as easy.
Read more from the Netherland Bulb Company about container bulb planting here. Stop by the garden shop to browse our bulb wall and see the wide range of bulbs and potential blooms.
Entrance to this family friendly event is FREE and will be held Rain or Shine. Stop by the nursery on Saturday, October 22nd from 10am-3pm for a fun fall day with apple tasting, cider pressing and live music!
• Cider Pressing | Fresh pressed by Cidermaster Sam using apples from Perkins Variety Apples in Sedro-Woolley. Grab a sample or purchase some to take home!
• Apple Tasting | Taste over 60 unique & heirloom Washington State grown varieties
• Apple Trees | First chance to special request bare root apple trees. View 2017 Fruit Tree List Here.
• Flower House Cafe | Mulled cider and delicious apple pastries available for purchase
• Live Music | 11am-12pm | Jim & Betty Lightner
It's going to be a lively day at Bayview Corner! You don't want to miss out on Goosefoot's 11th Annual Mutt Strut, starting at 12pm and the last outdoor Bayview Farmers Market!
Join us in the Fight Against Homelessness for the All Island Music & Art Fest! Art, Live Music, Taco Bar, Wine and Beer – all local!
Bayview Farm & Garden Greenhouse
October 8, 2016 | 6pm-midnight
All proceeds go directly to the South Whidbey Homeless Coalition. SWHC is a 501c3 association of neighbors including those who are or have experienced homelessness, local activists and advocates, community-based and faith-based organizations, and others committed to preventing and abating homelessness on South Whidbey while protecting each individual's civil rights and filling their immediate needs. Help us make homelessness a brief and rare experience in our community.
• RSVP & more info on Facebook HERE.
• $20/Ticket available at the door
• $5 Suggested Donation for build-your-own tacos prepared by Flower House Cafe with donations from 3 Sisters Market, The Goose, The Star Store & Payless Grocery.
• $5/glass of local beer or wine provided by the Taproom, Double Bluff Brewing Co., Whidbey Island Winery, Spoiled Dog Winery, Ott & Murphy Winery.
• Silent Auction featuring art, gift baskets and local business goods donated from our wonderful community.
• Live music from Marshlands, HeartGraves, MANS (Ashley Eriksson & Friends), Memory Boys, Dirty Minds, Chickem & Tree Star.
Pumpkins have arrived
It doesn't feel quite like Fall until porches and front yards are decorated with warm colors, lots of textures and of course, pumpkins! This year we have a wide variety of carving, ornamental and mini pumpkins including Fairytale, Cinderella, Ghost and more. Stop by all month and pick out your favorites!
Fall Garden Tips: Cover Crop & Improving Soil
Now is the time to sow cover crop over your beds to prepare for spring. This helps replenish nutrients, suppress weeds, loosen the soil and add nitrogen back in. You don't need much – a little seed goes a long way!
Be sure to take advantage of our sale on Gardner & Bloome Soil Building Conditioner (Buy 3 get 1 free) while supplies last.
Farm & Garden